MILTON — A dog and cat died in a house fire which broke out just after 10 p.m. Monday at 429-431 Hepburn St., Milton.

Milton Fire Department Chief Scott Derr said firefighters arrived at the duplex — owned by Todd and Danielle Miller — to find smoke and fire showing from the rear of 431 Hepburn St.

Kevin Mertz can be reached at 570-742-9671 ext. 117 or kevin@standard-journal.com.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.